Andover, Connecticut

Saturday, January 15, 2011

Photo of Sarah Cartmel Crogent

Sorry it's been such a long time since I have posted anything.  Between, school, work, the holidays and the little bit of research I've been able to squeeze in, I just haven't had time to sit down and write over the past few months.

Since school is going to be crazy for at least another couple of weeks, I thought I could at least post a few pictures. I received quite a bit of information from my uncle, Jim Buggie, who has done some great research on the family over the past few years.  He provided me with quite a few documents and pictures he has collected. 

This first picture is my favorite.  It is of my Great great-grandmother, Sarah Cartmel Crogent, who I wrote about recently. She was Nana's Grandmother who came to the U.S. from England. The picture reminds me of a Dorothea Lang photo from the depression era.


I'm not sure who the two girls at the table are, but they may be Sarah's daughters Fannie (Nana's mother) and Nellie. 

No comments:

Post a Comment