Andover, Connecticut

Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Crogent Brothers Photo

Another one of my favorite photos is this one of the Crogent brothers from some time in the early 1900s.
 
Crogent Brothers

Unfortunately the only one I can identify is my great great-grandfather, William Joseph Crogent (see my October 2010 post) who is in the middle of the front row.  He is the oldest. The others are Martin, Walter, Benjamin, Thomas & Albert - I'm just not sure which is which.

All of the brothers were born in Liverpool, England and emmigrated to America.  Thomas moved to Ohio but the other brothers stayed in the Northeast.  They had four sisters, Mary Ellen, Anne, Elizabeth & Louisa.  Both Anne & Louisa came to America.  Elizabeth stayed in England. Mary Ellen stayed in England but I am not sure if she came to the United States. 

Their parents, William and Mary (Curly) Crogent also came to America. As far as I can tell, they are the only family to have the last name Crogent.  William's original last name was Kroger.  Why it was changed, I do not know, but every Crogent I have found a record for is a descendant of William and Mary. They are buried in Calvary Cemetery here in Queens, just a mile from my house.



If you are able to identify the other brothers please comment or email me.  If you have other pictures of these brothers or sisters you would like to share, please email them to me.
Thanks :)

2 comments:

  1. Special thanks to my uncle, Jim Buggie, for this photo of the brothers :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Does anyone else think the brother in front on the left looks a lot like Uncle Ken?

    ReplyDelete